Wednesday, November 22, 2017

The Duke – Life and Times of Duke Carl Eduard of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Duke of Albany



This book*, to be published on my 75th birthday, is to celebrate a jubilee. I dedicate it to my father, Prince Friedrich Josias, who wrote it. On 29 November 2018, it will be the centennial of his birth. I also dedicate this book to my grandfather, who as the last duke who ruled the duchies of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha was overthrown 100 years ago by the November Revolution. In fact, my grandfather lost his throne just weeks before the birth of his last child, my father.

About my grandfather’s life and my thoughts on it, I expressed my verbal and critical views in my own book of memoirs, "I did it my way." Our family has provided historical research with all relevant sources, particularly as I desire every aspect to be open and clear. Now, it seems that the time has come to publish this book, which my father worked on for years, and which he did not want published in 1984, on the occasion of his father's 100th birthday.

In fact, at a time when the lives of entire nations are once again threatened by mass hysteria and emotional blackouts, it may help to keep a handle on reality. As we have painfully discovered, it is of extreme importance not to cloud the mind through simple ideologies.


Andreas, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha

Coburg, 1 October 2017

(*) THE DUKE – LIFE AND TIMES OF DAUKE CARL EDUARD OF SAXE-COBURG AND GOTHA, DUKE OF ALBANY (by the late Prince Friedrich Josias of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha) will be published by EUROHISTORY in March 2018 in time to celebrate Prince Andreas' 75th birthday!

HH The Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and Arturo Beéche

HH Prince Andreas of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and Dave Higdon

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing these detail with those of us who enjoy history and scholarly reseach. I look forward to reading the book.

    ReplyDelete